- Senior Resource Center
- Information and Support - Life Enrichment Program
Information and Support - Life Enrichment Program
The Life Enrichment Program (LEP) team provides quality and responsive services to older adults and their families. It is the goal of this program to promote social, physical, economic, and emotional well-being while encouraging maximum independence and improving the quality of life for older adults and their caregivers.
Five Areas of Focus
Services provided by LEP include five areas of focus:
- Information, Assistance, and Options Counseling Services: The gateway to assistance, counseling, and/or support
- Home-Based Services: Bringing resources to the door
- Protection & Advocacy: Ensuring the right to safety and dignity
- Family Caregiver Support: Providing support and advocacy
- Community Enrichment: Enhancing quality of life
The Life Enrichment Team
- Provides mental health counseling and support.
- Assesses needs and links individuals with the most appropriate services. The intake process begins with an inquiry from a prospective client, family member, a member of the community, or an agency.
- Our friendly social workers are very knowledgeable about not only services provided directly by the Senior Resource Center (SRC) but those offered by other community agencies and assisting clients in identifying and activating their option choices most appropriate to their needs.
- Acts as a community liaison between client, family, and multiple community organizations.
- Responds to the growing needs of our Older Adult Community, and advocates on their behalf as the population continues to grow.
- Evaluates potential clients for program eligibility and makes difficult decisions to accept and/or terminate clients from a program.
- Participates in the development of community resources and services.
- Coordinates home visits and engages and assists families, who are in the process of planning for loved ones.
- Administers Family Caregiver Support Grant, which provides respite services to caregivers.
- Facilitates monthly support groups.
- Partners with the University of North Carolina Wilmington (UNCW) to provide internships in Social Work, Gerontology, and Community Health Education.
- To learn more or ask questions, please reach out to our Social Worker On-Call (910) 798-6437